ECG - External Communication Group
Leads, and coordinates the work of the External Communication Group.
- Organizes regular ECG meetings
- Prepares an agenda for each meeting
- Makes sure that someone facilitates/moderates the meeting
- Makes sure that minutes are taken and shares a summary with the Anchor Group
- Contact person for members and other group coordinators who need something from ECG
- Maintains the groups google drive folder and moderates their slack channel, making sure that people stay on topic
- Invites other Members to join the group if needed, publishes calls for collaborators
- On boarding of new members joining ECG
- Creates new roles if needed
Updates and maintains the VCL website.
- Contact person for bugs, and changes of text of pictures
- Content: Featured projects, member profiles, events, important information about VCL
- How often: When new relevant content is available
Maintains VCL's facebook page.
- Answers messages on our page
- Posts updates on the page
- Creates facebook events
- Content: Articles/text-based (reposting from other websites) - more information about the project / event
- How often: Twice a month
- Tone of voice: Personal, avoiding any 3rd person company lingo strategy awkwardness
Maintains VCL's Instagram account.
- Answers direct messages
- Posts images & updates from our projects & events
- Content: Stories or original photos & other pictures + always a caption (maybe also throwbacks to old making ofs related to the project) + always link to project page on virtualcinema.aalto.fi
- How often: Once a week
- Tone of voice: Informal, community-building
Maintains our public Google Calendar.
- Publishes events and descriptions on Google Calendar & the website
- Makes sure that events are advertised on time, announced in the newsletter etc.
Written together by everyone in ECG.
- Content: Important information concerning Virtual Cinema Lab, upcoming events, summary of what has happened since the last newsletter, introduction of new members and new projects
- How often: Maximum once every 2 months (in relation to the upcoming events)
Maintained together by everyone in ECG.
- Content: Making of -videos from workshops, XR Encounters, project demos
- How often: Not scheduled, depending on the content available